We’re Eargo and we’re on a mission to disrupt and transform the hearing health industry! We’re looking for those passionate individuals who jump out of bed in the morning dreaming of new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
We’re tech geeks and dreamers. We believe that every voice is unique and every idea is worth talking about. Moreover, we believe in passion and having fun. Because it takes passion to change the world and if you have passion in what you’re doing, you naturally have fun doing it. But, we do have a serious side. Over 48 million Americans currently experience hearing loss and 80% of them do nothing about it. More often than not it’s related to social stigma. This is why we exist… to give people their hearing without the social stigma so that they can go on being the cool person they are. That’s why we get out of bed in the morning and we take that seriously.
Does this sound like a place you want to work? Well, you’re in luck! We’re looking for some great minds to join us on our journey.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Finance & Accounting team; someone who is a problem solver, an initiative taker, someone who demonstrates a continual desire to learn. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end, with a focus on cost accounting and knowledge of contract manufacturing. You will be an integral part of a small, dynamic team that’s highly results-oriented. We want to offer you the opportunity to pour yourself into a versatile role that has the opportunity to grow with the company.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Assists with monthly, quarterly, and yearly close activities in collaboration with the finance team
- Booking month-end journal entries
- Review and analysis of inventory and cost of goods sold
- Reconciliation of revenue booked to sales force orders
- Expense analysis by department
- Help with quarterly and yearly audits
- Prepare various weekly/monthly operational reports and deliver to the management team after internal analysis
- Assist with any other ad hoc analysis or analytics as needed
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Analyzing actual contract manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Perform accounting functions consisting of inventory liability calculations
- Reconciliation of inventory and work-in-process
- Prepare and manage annual physical inventory and assist with on-going cycle count program
- Investigate cycle count variances and resolve issues
- Analyze inventory valuation, turnover, obsolete and slow-moving inventory
This is what we’re looking for:
- Highly analytical and strategic. Your problem solving skills are unparalleled
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, fluid environment. You think quickly on your feet!
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
- Self-starter who is capable of taking innovative initiatives
- 4-5+ years in full cycle accounting
- Strong knowledge of accounting software, experience with NetSuite required
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Bill.Com, Expensify
- Experience in cost accounting
- Basic understanding of contract manufacturing
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Experience with startup companies
- Experience with medical device companies
- Experience with Omnify, or the equivalent in other PML systems
Does this sound like you?
If so, let’s talk.